June 10, 2016

G60: Red Sox 8, Twins 1

Red Sox - 000 033 002 - 8 16  1
Twins   - 000 000 010 - 1  8  1
Xander Bogaerts went 4-for-5, with four RBI; he is now batting .349. Bogaerts cracked a three-run homer in the fifth inning.

Dustin Pedroia went 3-for-5, with two doubles and an RBI. ... Jackie Bradley doubled and tripled and drove in two runs. ... David Ortiz went 2-for-5, with a single and double. ... Christian Vazquez went 2-for-4 and drove in one run. ... Eight different players scored for the Red Sox.

Steven Wright: 7.1-7-1-2-6, 105. Minnesota's run was unearned, so Wright's ERA dropped to 2.09, the lowest in the AL.

Toronto beat Baltimore 4-3 in 10 innings, so the Red Sox are 1 GB the Orioles.
Steven Wright / Tyler Duffey
Betts, RF
Pedroia, 2B
Bogaerts, SS
Ortiz, DH
Ramirez, 1B
Bradley, CF
Shaw, 3B
Young, LF
Vazquez, C
David Ortiz is absolutely sure he will not be playing baseball after 2016:
[M]y mind is made up. Physically, I could do it, but mentally, I'm exhausted. Hopefully, everything keeps going well this year, because right now, everything is going perfect. I'm having so much fun, bro. I'm having as much fun as I've ever had in my life. I'm having so much fun that I actually can't believe I'm retiring this year, either.
Ortiz leads the majors in slugging (.728), OPS (1.153), and extra-base hits (43), while leading the American League in on-base percentage (.425), doubles (26), and RBI (55). Among all MLB players, Ortiz is fourth in batting average, second in total bases, and sixth in home runs. His OPS+ of 200 (which is the best of any MLB hitter) would be easily the best of his long career.

No comments: