June 16, 2015

G66: Red Sox 9, Atlanta 4

Atlanta - 000 200 002 - 4 10  0
Red Sox - 200 003 13x - 9 18  0
Brock Holt hit for the cycle, doubling in the first, singling in the fifth, homering in the seventh, and tripling in the eighth.

Holt became the first Red Sox player to hit for the cycle since John Valentin did it on June 6, 1996 and the 20th player in franchise history.

Holt: "Obviously I knew I needed a triple. I didn't expect to hit one, but as soon as barrel hit ball I was like, 'Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God.' Because once it gets in the triangle, anything is possible."

Mookie Betts had three hits (single, double, triple) and four other Red Sox had two hits as Boston snapped a seven-game losing streak. The Red Sox's 18 hits were a season high (for a nine-inning game); they had 18 hits in a 19-inning win against the Yankees on April 10.
Example
Julio Teheran / Wade Miley
Holt, 2B
Betts, CF
Ortiz, DH
Bogaerts, SS
Sandoval, 3B
Napoli, 1B
De Aza, LF
Swihart, C
Castillo, RF

No comments: