December 5, 2011

Terry Francona Joins ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball

ESPN just got much, much better - and I can listen to SNB again:
Terry Francona, two-time World Champion manager of the Boston Red Sox, has joined ESPN in a multiplatform role which will include serving as an analyst for Sunday Night Baseball, the network's exclusive national game of the week.
Francona will join Dan Shulman and Orel Hershiser in the Sunday Night Baseball booth, replacing current Red Sox manager and former ESPN analyst Bobby Valentine. He will make his ESPN debut tonight, Dec. 5, on SportsCenter and Baseball Tonight from the Winter Meetings in Dallas.

Francona will also provide analysis for Baseball Tonight, among other news and information shows, and ESPN's coverage of the Little League World Series. ...

"I'm excited to join ESPN and to be able to talk about my passion for baseball with fans who love the game as much as me," said Francona. "In some ways, I'll be a rookie all over again, but I'm looking forward to the challenge." ...

Francona managed the Red Sox for eight seasons (2004-11), leading the team to a pair of World Series championships (2004; 2007) and a record of 744-552.

3 comments:

Jere said...

I wonder if this is the first time an athlete/coach swapped exact jobs with an announcer/anchor.

9casey said...

Jere said...
I wonder if this is the first time an athlete/coach swapped exact jobs with an announcer/anchor.



Good question, I feel as though if it did it would happen with college more than pros.

Tom DePlonty said...

Karl Ravech talks with Tito and Bobby Valentine.