April 16, 2008

Cora To Go On Disabled List Today

Alex Cora will be put on the disabled list today. Last Thursday, while taking infield practice at third base, he felt a twinge in his right elbow. Einstein:
If I'm not 100 percent, I'm not going to play, so why be here, you know? I get healthy and I don't have to be thinking, "Oh, I have to show up and play tomorrow." ... I don't want to be in that situation where I'm lying to myself that I can play for nine innings and all of a sudden I have to make a throw or turn a double play or make a relay and there goes my elbow. I'm 32, I'm not that young anymore.
Since the move is not yet official, there's no word on who the Sox will call up -- an infielder or a pitcher.

UPDATE: WBZ reports that infielder Joe Thurston will join the team in New York.

1 comment:

Jenks said...

Joe Thurston - excellent choice.