October 10, 2007

Bot Suffering From Migraines

Jonathan Papelbon tells the Globe's Jackie MacMullan that on September 14, the day he and Hideki Okajima blew a 7-2 lead to the Yankees, he was suffering from a migraine and had spent much of that day at a local hospital.
When they get really bad, even the slightest amount of noise or light is just brutal. You just want to curl up in a ball and die. ... The migraines are something I cope with and deal with. ... I get a few of these a year - about four or five a season. I'm learning how to make it easier to pitch through them. ... I probably shouldn't have pitched that night. I didn't feel right. I never even went back and looked at that game. I knew it was bad. I knew I blew it.
Back in May 2006, Bot talked about grinding his teeth at night, also.

5 comments:

Rob said...

Gangsta Dice

Amy said...

Very cute photos. So why are they playing FOOTBALL?

s1c said...

Wait a minute, I thought ON FIRE never showed any emotion. I could have sworn I saw him laughing in those pictures.

tim said...

fuck yeh! great ass oktoberfest tonight!... went to the best place for festing here in K-W (the largest oktoberfest outside munich) and walter ostanek, the king of polka was there, haha.....was an awesome time! that place is amazing, the Concordia Club.

Amy said...

Tim, I thought you had a big test tomorrow? (Sorry, the teacher in my could not resist!) Glad to hear you had some fun!!