March 4, 2006

"Normal Is A Really Cool Thing"

Schilling:
I knew when I threw the first fastball of the game that everything was different again. Everything was normal and I guess I'm making normal seem really damn exciting right now, but after last year, normal is a really cool thing for me. ... I throw a lot of strikes during the season [and] being sharp early in the count is always a big deal to me. I thought I threw some real good first-pitch strikes and I had all three pitches today. I threw 3-4 splits, a changeup I'm trying to get comfortable with.
Facing Northeastern last night, Matt Clement gave up a home run to the first batter -- Chris Emanuele (a native of Mississauga, Ontario (I live there!)) -- then retired the next six hitters, four by strikeout. Josh Pressley's three-run double highlighted a seven-run second and Boston won 9-2.

David Wells hopes to pitch batting practice Wednesday and get in a game next weekend. ... An MRI on Dustin Pedroia's left shoulder revealed no structural damage, but he'll likely miss two weeks. "Right when I swung, I was like, 'Oh, my God!' because it was the worst pain ever. ... It's frustrating because it happened on my very first swing."

Pittsburgh beat the Red Sox 7-6 Saturday afternoon.

No comments: