January 24, 2005

The Coma Guy. Can this actually be true? ESPN's Bill Simmons:
Here's a movie idea: diehard Red Sox fan falls into a coma before the 2004 playoffs, spends the next four weeks fighting for his life, then regains his senses after the World Series. He survives ... only he feels ripped off, because as millions of Sox fans say, "I saw them win in my lifetime," this poor guy is the one who didn't see anything.

Never mind. It's too improbable, right?

Meet Steven Manganello, known from this day forward in Red Sox history as The Coma Guy.
More. I googled his name, but all I got is Simmons and various links to the story. If this is legit, I think we'll be hearing more about this guy pretty soon. ... The Sox ought to have him throw out the first pitch when they raise the flag in April.

No comments: