September 25, 2004

Delusional. Gump 2.0:: "If I had thought he was losing it, I would have taken him out. In my opinion he still had good stuff. ... I wouldn't have left him in if I thought he was out of gas. ...

"If I run out there after two pitches (and the Matsui homer), it would make it look like I wasn't making a very good decision before the inning. We put a lot of thought into what we're doing. I'm just saying that I thought (Martinez) was in command of what he was doing. I though he deserved to stay out there and, actually, I thought the reason he deserved to stay out there was because he was going to get them out."

Again -- "If I run out there after two pitches ... it would make it look like I wasn't making a very good decision before the inning." He's worried about how it would look?!? How about how it impacts the goddamn game! ... This is some scary shit.



And now Pedro is giving Yankee fans new punchlines? Ouch.

No comments: